Happy Weekend 🙂
How was your week? I hope it was filled with splendor.
I have a fabulous idea for you… What if you surprised your friends or family with a fresh batch of cookies? I mean, who doesn’t like cookies?
Some people are more inclined to eat savory foods. I, personally, could eat sweets day and night and not think twice about it.
Here’s a gift from me to you. The best chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, like, ever.
There are many types of cookies, such as crispy, dense, cakey, floury, large, small, buttery, etc. After making numerous batches of the larger, crispier type, I opted for a smaller and more dense and soft cookie. DO NOT confuse soft and dense for cakey. Cakey cookies are no good in my book.
Here is a lovely recipe for standard chewy chocolate chip cookies. You will need a special type of shortening, which is butter-flavored. Using the standard unflavored variety will not work because the cookies will lack the additional flavor-boost that the buttery shortening provides.
Trust me – this recipe will become your go-to 😉
Enough small talk, let’s bake!
- 2 1/2 cups, plus 2 tbsp white all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening (Here is what I used – Crisco Butter Flavored Shortening)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips for these)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- fleur de sel, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients (i.e. the flour and baking soda)
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a uniform consistency is reached.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Now, using a cookie scoop (or spoon), scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a pinch of fleur de sel onto each cookie dough ball. If you don’t have any, you can use fine sea salt.
- Bake for 11 minutes exactly, or until they are slightly golden around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool fully.
See these perfectly scooped cookie dough balls that result when you use a cookie scoop
Fresh baked warm heaven
My niece Luxe really enjoyed these 🙂
Here is my sister Nichole and my niece Luxe – they helped me back the cookies!
One more? YES, PLEASE.